For peace and the sovereignty of the peoples: NO TO WAR!
The National Executive of the Galizan Nationalist Bloc (BNG) hereby issues the following five-point statement regarding the military escalation currently underway in Ukraine:
- No to War! The Galizan Nationalist Bloc (BNG) demands an immediate halt to the fighting in Ukraine and a return to diplomatic channels as the only way to resolve this conflict and strongly rejects any act of war or bombing of the Ukrainian territory.
- For the BNG, a return to diplomacy is the only way to resolve this conflict. The only way forwards is peace through military de-escalation and a firm commitment to dialogue and diplomacy within the framework of organisations such as the UN and the OSCE in order to achieve a stable and lasting solution based on respect for the sovereignty of the peoples and peace.
- As a first step in this direction, we call for an end to the recent bombing of the population in eastern Ukraine and the bombing that began today in the rest of the country, as well as the withdrawal of all of the troops deployed in the area and their return to their respective territories. At the same time, we demand a commitment on the part of NATO to cease its expansion towards Eastern Europe as well as the non-incorporation of Ukraine into NATO.
- We demand that the Spanish government adopts a stance of active neutrality in this conflict together with the immediate withdrawal of the Spanish troops sent to the area. If the Spanish State wishes to contribute to the resolution of this conflict, it should do so by supporting and reinforcing diplomatic channels.
- We demand that the international community work towards rebuilding a framework for a negotiated settlement to the conflict in Ukraine together with the People's Republics of Donetsk and Luhansk based on the criteria laid out in the Minsk Protocol.
Original text in Galizan available here.